A super quick weeknight dinner, this turkey and vegetable stir fry is a good way of using up whatever veg you have in your fridge.
Ooooh indecisiveness! I just couldn’t decide what to cook today, and so after quite some time debating I decided to throw some random ingredients into a wok and have a stir-fry. A stir-fry usually wouldn’t be worth mentioning, we all know how to do it right? But as the sauce was so tasty thought I’d share anyway. The broccoli was especially gorgeous which made me realise it’s the way you flavour your food that gives such variety to every day ingredients.
This dish so quick to make. Tonight I got in from work at 7, and by 8.15 I’d made and eaten dinner (even with chopsticks), baked some cookies and done and hang up my washing!
- tsp coconut oil to fry
- Veg: I used onion, red cabbage, red pepper, broccoli, spinach
- 2 large turkey steaks
- For the sauce: heaping tsp of Almond Butter, squeeze of lime juice, water, 2 tsps of tamari (wheat-free soy sauce), tsp ground ginger, about 1cm shavings from a block of Creamed Coconut, pinch chilli flakes, seasoning.
- Fresh Coriander to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok, and add the diced onion, fry till soft.
- Cut the turkey into long strips and add to the wok.
- Meanwhile lightly steam the broccoli.
- While that's all cooking prepare the sauce - in a small dish mix the almond butter and add in a squeeze of lime juice, the tamari, ginger, creamed coconut and chilli flakes. Add enough water and stir until the sauce has a runny but still quite thick consistency.
- When the turkey is browned, add the pepper, red cabbage and steamed broccoli. Stir for a few minutes then add the sauce to the mix and coat well.
- Lastly add a handful of spinach and stir until it begins to wilt
- Top with fresh coriander