These tuna fish patties are a variation on the salmon patties I cooked the other week, but they are far tastier so recipe must be shared! I was going for an Italian-palate flavour base with these. They are best served with a colourful salad and an olive oil dressing.
This is such an easy recipe and so much more of a taste sensation than a tin of tuna on some lettuce leaves. The combination of tuna and egg really reminded me of a tuna mayo mix. Delish.
I know some people have issues with tuna, due to sustainability, so I try not to eat it all the time and check that its been sustainably sourced too.
These tuna fish patties keep well cold so a batch of these could be perfect to take along to a summer picnic.
Tuna fish patties
- ¼ onion
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (either oil ones soaked in a jar or some dried ones - I have the
- Merchant Gourmet
- 200g tin of tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- handful fresh basil leaves
- black pepper
- olive oil
- Finely dice the onion & tomatoes and combine in a blender with the tuna, egg, pine nuts, basil and black pepper.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan and when the pan is really hot spoon 4 dollops of the mixture onto the pan.
- Flip half way through cooking (around 3 minutes on each side).