I’m off to Wimbledon to watch the tennis tomorrow! As no doubt we’d be ripped off from the food stalls at Wimbs, me and my friend have decided to take our own picnic. My contribution is these drumsticks, perfect finger food to gnaw on between the matches, strawberries and Pimms.
This chicken was so simple to do and the combinations of flavours you could use as a marinade is endless. I just threw something together from the resources of my spice rack. I bet these would taste stunning on the BBQ.
- 4-6 free-range chicken drumsticks
- olive oil
- dried mixed herbs
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Put the chicken drumsticks in a bowl and sprinkle with the herbs, spices and a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- Add a glug of olive oil and with your hands rub the spices and oil into the chicken to ensure good coverage.
- Ideally leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Stick in the oven for 30 minutes. (I put mine on a rack on top of a foil-lined baking try so that the fat drains out of the chicken).
- Devour / cool and refrigerate for tomorrow's picnic.