This is my new weekly series where I simply mention 5 things I have loved or discovered in the past week – whether it be a meal out I’ve really enjoyed, a food combination I can’t get enough of, an ingredient I can’t stop eating, an inspiration I’m desperate to follow up on or something lifestyle related.
No wordy introductions or a rambling post – just a simple list. I’ll do my best to keep it short.
- Cote Restaurant (chain, nationwide) – Where I had the most delicious rare Sirloin steak with Bearnaise sauce and a fresh green salad. Easily the best cooked steak I’ve had in a while, and I don’t often say that about chain restaurants.
- Wild Food Cafe (Covent Garden, London) – I’m an avid meat eater but I do love the creativity and flavours from raw cuisine once in a while. I really enjoyed the Living Pizza during a lunch meet this week.
- Awfully Posh Pork Scratchings. Containing pork, salt and nothing else. 99p a packet – a perfect treat of a snack when only the taste of salty fat will do!
- Weanie Beans are a small pop-up coffee van and they have a stall by Kings Cross station as part of the Kerb collective. Having not had coffee for a few months, I got incredibly excited when I discovered they do swiss-water treated coffee (non chemically processed). A steaming black American never tasted so good.
- A pop up yin yoga session accompanied by a live harp run by Shapes in Motion. I could have floated home afterwards – it was literally the most relaxing thing I’ve done in a long while followed by a fantastic night’s sleep. Go try it out!
See you next Friday!0