The second instalment in my new weekly series where I simply mention 5 things I have loved or discovered in the past week.
No wordy introductions or a rambling post – just a simple list. I’ll do my best to keep it short.
- Raw / unpasteurized cream from Hook & Son. Finally got round to trying this after months of hearing others sing its praises for its taste and digestibility (in comparison with processed cream). Wow. So thick and creamy and almost like clotted cream. Tasted amazing dolloped in a weekend coffee, and also served as an Easter Sunday treat alongside some dessicated coconut and cinnamon. I bought mine from my local Brockley Market, it is also available mail order or from Borough Market in London.
- Twinings Liquorice tea. I am loving drinking this right now, especially as a post-dinner tea. It’s so naturally sweet it takes away my desire to stuff my face with pudding! I don’t like actual liquorice so a pleasant surprise to really enjoy this.
- Coconut Manna. Currently on offer for almost half price in Planet Organic. This delicious butter is made purely from coconut flesh. I’ve some ideas up my sleeves for some sugar free truffles to make from it. Coming to a blog near you soon.
- Wasabi Wheatgrass Kale Chips by Inspiralled. I’m going to go bankrupt if I keep buying a tub of these each time I waltz through a health food shop…
- Lastly I finally treated myself to a new chopping knife from Sainbury’s. Really reasonable at £8. Why have I spent the last 5 years trying to slice onions with a blunt knife? Slicing carrots for a stew never felt so quick and easy !
See you next Friday!0