- This event has passed.
Healthy Cooking Class: Made in Hackney, Raw Desserts & Chocolate
June 10, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm£65
I’ll be returning to Made in Hackney this June and we’ll be going bananas for raw desserts!
I’ll share all the principles of making raw desserts including raw chocolate made from scratch, all using wholefood ingredients. We’ll explore pantry essentials, theory, and techniques, and there will be plenty of hands on cooking so you’ll leave the class with the confidence to make your own raw treats.
The class will include:
- Learning how to make delicious sweet treats without white sugar
- A run down of pantry essentials, and basic equipment required to make your raw sweet treats.
- The basic formula for making quick and easy raw chocolate, including tips on tempering for professional looking results.
- Recipes for mousse, cheesecake, seasonal fruit tartlets and petit fours made with plant-based alternatives to dairy and eggs.
- Tips on how to create your own recipes with your favourite ingredients.
- A delicious organic plant based lunch and recipes to take home
Fee: £65 (£52 Concession) includes a delicious organic plant based lunch
* This fee is used to fund Made in Hackney’s program of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups
Vouchers: To redeem a voucher purchased on our site, please contact us to book a place. If contacting us by email please attach your voucher. If telephoning, have your voucher to hand so you can quote the voucher number.
For information: Info@madeinhackney.org / 02084424266 – Regretfully, the kitchen is not wheelchair accessible.