I’ve been trying to find a use for Hemp flour since buying a small bag in a health food shop a few weeks ago. Since my avocado bread was such a yummy success last week, thought I’d try another loaf out and sub some of the ground almonds for hemp flour. I also added some colourful veggies for added nutrients. The jury’s still out on this one. I did like it, but no where near as good as the avocado bread. The hemp is a bit of an acquired taste, and can be slightly gritty. Not going to give up on it just yet though and will keep experimenting till I find a perfect use for it. Other than than, this recipe was pretty good, the loaf had a good shape, consistency and rose pretty well.
Any ideas for uses of Hemp flour much appreciated – I’ve most of the 500g bag still to get through. The brand I used is by Sun and Seed (although the product doesn’t seem to be listed on their website sorry)
Ingredients (about 4-days worth of breakfast servings)
- 5 Eggs
- 1 red bell pepper (finely diced)
- large handful spinach (shredded)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup hemp flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- black pepper and herbs
- mixed seeds to top (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Whisk the eggs, oil and tahini, then mix in the flours & baking powder.
- Stir in the diced pepper and spinach till all the mixture is well coated.
- Add seasoning, extra herbs if you like.
- Spoon into a oiled loaf tin, and top with mixed seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- pop out of tin when finished – the bottom should sound hollow when tapped.
- Cool on a wire rack.