I love Houmous, like really love it however legumes such as Chick Peas are not really standard Fayre of the Paleo diet. Legumes contain lectins which are apparently a gut irritant and also toxic (will find out more about this when I do my evening nutrition course later this year, which I am VERY excited about) anyway unbeknown to me there are a gazillion ways of making yummy dips with veg instead and I found this one on a raw food website a while ago. However I wouldn’t recommend keeping this one entirely raw. – The uncooked brocoli absolutely stinks (just ask my friend at work who sits opposite me) and it also makes your breath honk which will already be honking enough from the raw garlic!!
- 1 courgette
- Half head broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons lemon-infused olive-oil (or normal Extra Virgin Olive Oil with a squeeze of lemon)
- Black Pepper
- Pine nuts to serve
- Lightly steam the brocolli, then rinse to cool it in cold water
- Meanwhilee crush the garlic and blend this with a diced courgette (raw is OK because of its high water content) add the steamed brocolli along with the tahini olive oil and black pepper into the blender and pulse until smooth
- Pour into serving tub and top with pine nuts
- Literally takes 5 mins from start to finish!